My criteria differ a little:
- One should be from the state, not just played in the state (thus, in Texas I don't have the great Emmitt Smith, and in Georgia, the home run king Hank Aaron)
- You need to be retired (so no Tiger Woods).
Georgia:




Herschel Walker, Bobby Jones, Ty Cobb, Ted Turner
Texas:



Earl Campbell, Nolan Ryan, Lance Armstrong, Carl Lewis
NOTE: I would put AJ Foyt in there, but I'm not quite sure race car drivers are really athletes. I mean, they sit on a machine that takes them around the track. And don't give me that "it is exhausting" argument -- I know it is, I get tired when I drive from here to Black Mountain.
National:



Mohammad Ali, Billie Jean King, Jackie Robinson, Johnny Unitas
2 comments:
That's awesome! I don't think I can pick 4. I'll be cheering for your Steelers tomorrow though!
I grew up in Arkansas so my four picks, as natives from that state, would be Bear Bryant, Dizzy Dean, Brooks Robinson and Keith Jackson. Jackson may not be familiar to some people. He was a tight end, born in Little Rock, but, although he was recruited by the University of Arkansas, he played his college ball at Oklahoma, where he helped OU win a national championship. He played nine seasons in the NFL, capping his career with a Super Bowl victory with the Green Bay Packers.
If Jackson isn't famous enough, I would submit the name of Scottie Pippen, who gained fame as Michael Jordan's teammate with the Chicago Bulls.
Post a Comment